Utah’s Largest Free Art Event will be held at the Gallivan Center on September 15th & 16th
The Utah Arts Alliance is proud to announce the 8th Annual Urban Arts Festival which will take place this weekend on September 15 & 16 at the Gallivan Center in Salt Lake City, Utah. The festival features 150 artist vendors, music and dance performances, live street art painting, fashion show, basketball competition, artist talks and more.
Headlining the KUAA 99.9 FM Festival Stage on Saturday, September 15 will be Hip-Hop artist Chali 2na and his band House of Vibe. Chali 2na, a distinctive member of Jurassic 5, one of the most popular Hip-Hop groups in history, is known for his signature baritone voice and quick delivery rapping style. Chali 2na is also an established visual artist and will be doing a live painting demonstration on Sunday Sept the 16. Headlining Sunday the 16 is chart-topping artist Kia Shine
The Urban Arts Festival will feature top local and regional acts on two stages. The Urban Arts Festival is the largest FREE community art event in Utah. It is organized by Utah Arts Alliance, a non-profit organization. The festival draws tens of thousands in attendance annually and showcases hundreds of artists, performers, and musicians. It has received several awards, including being named as the “Best Indie Art Event in Utah,” and has received national recognition from the National Endowment for the Arts.
THE URBAN ARTS FESTIVAL EXPERIENCE, 2018
- Over 150 artists displaying and selling everything from paintings, photography, and prints to jewelry, clothing, and sculpture.
- Music from over 40 different groups—featuring hip-hop, rock, blues, funk, and DJ’s.
- Dance performances from top dance groups—featuring breakdancing battles and showcases
- Hard N Paint Street Basketball league and slam-dunk contest.
- Digital Graffiti – Virtual Public art viewable on the UAA’s Augmented Reality App.
- Urban Fashion Show.
- Live painting demonstrations from Utah’s top mural and street artists as well as a community wall for everyone to paint on.
- Food Truck League featuring the best food trucks in Utah.
- Vendors and booths from non-profit groups and sponsors.
URBAN ARTS FESTIVAL CONNECTS THE ARTS TO COMMUNITY
The Urban Arts Festival benefits the community in Salt Lake in many ways, including giving the public an opportunity to experience some of the most relevant, current and new art in the state. Attendees will experience some of the newest and most innovative dance and music performances around and enjoy the unique atmosphere that can only be found at the Urban Arts Festival.
The Urban Arts Festival would not be possible without the generous support of Salt Lake City Corp, Salt Lake City Arts Council, the Utah Division of Arts & Museums, the Gallivan Center, SLCO ZAP Program, the George S. and Dolores Dore Eccles Foundation, Visit Salt Lake, SLC Downtown Alliance, Visit Salt Lake, Red Rock Brewery, Salt Lake City Weekly, and many more.
Saturday, September 15, noon-10 pm
Sunday, September 16 noon-8 pm
239 Main St, Salt Lake City, UT 84111
For more info visit urbanartsfest.org